Author Notes: After breaking down a chicken, the breasts are always one of the first items I like to use up. And this sandwich is simple, easy, and makes a perfect lunch! —mtlabor
Makes: 2 sandwiches
chicken breasts, skin removed
tablespoon olive oil
cup of your favorite hot sauce (I used Frank's Wing Sauce - it's thicker and coats the chicken better)
whole wheat buns
salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a large skillet under medium high heat and add oil. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides. When oil is shimmering, add chicken to pan.
- When the bottom side is a nice golden brown (about 4-6 minutes), flip the breast over.
- Finish cooking the chicken until white throughout, an additional 5-7 minutes. Transfer chicken breasts to a plate and let rest.
- Assemble your sandwiches by placing lettuce on the bottom half of the bun.
- Then you'll want to place your hot sauce in a medium stainless steel bowl. Add chicken breasts, one at a time, swirling them around to coat well with sauce - kind of like you're saucin' some wings, ya know?
- Then place your sauced chicken breast on top of the lettuce.
- Then add a little bacon if you're feelin' frisky.
- And close that sucker up with the top bun, and voila! A buffalo chicken sandwich that'll be gone in less time than it took to put together!