If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: After breaking down a chicken, the breasts are always one of the first items I like to use up. And this sandwich is simple, easy, and makes a perfect lunch! —mtlabor
Makes 2 sandwiches
- 2 chicken breasts, skin removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup of your favorite hot sauce (I used Frank's Wing Sauce - it's thicker and coats the chicken better)
- 2 whole wheat buns
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a large skillet under medium high heat and add oil. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides. When oil is shimmering, add chicken to pan.
- When the bottom side is a nice golden brown (about 4-6 minutes), flip the breast over.
- Finish cooking the chicken until white throughout, an additional 5-7 minutes. Transfer chicken breasts to a plate and let rest.
- Assemble your sandwiches by placing lettuce on the bottom half of the bun.
- Then you'll want to place your hot sauce in a medium stainless steel bowl. Add chicken breasts, one at a time, swirling them around to coat well with sauce - kind of like you're saucin' some wings, ya know?
- Then place your sauced chicken breast on top of the lettuce.
- Then add a little bacon if you're feelin' frisky.
- And close that sucker up with the top bun, and voila! A buffalo chicken sandwich that'll be gone in less time than it took to put together!