If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an original creation. I created it it so that my 2yr could enjoy Christmas cookies even though she has several food allergies. It is a hit with everyone even the non allergy people. —Mary Richter
Makes 2 dozen
- 1/2 tub Earth Balance Soy free butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup crushed Spangler candy canes
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter (at room temp) and sugar.
- Add vanilla
- Slowly add flour in (roughly 1/2 cup at a time). Now that it is combine split the dough in half and put half in another bowl. In one bowl, add the cocoa powder and mix until combined. In other bowl, add peppermint extract and crushed candy canes. Mix until combined.
- Roll out the chocolate dough to be about 1/2 inch thick. (You may need to use a little flour so it does not stick.) Next roll the peppermint dough out on top of the chocolate dough. It should end up being roughly 1/4-1/2 inch thick. Then roll the dough into a log and over the extra crushed candy canes. Transfer the log onto a tray to freeze for about 20-30 minutes. (This makes slicing a little cleaner.) You can slice the cookies thinner for a crispier cookie or thicker for chewier cookie.
- Place on a non greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees. Enjoy!
More Great Recipes: