If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Ideas for recipes keep popping up at the most surprising moments. I was looking for a dip to pair with machefs rosemary thyme pita chips when I realized that I had at least one ingredient missing for any of the hummus recipes on F52. I had no time to step out into that slushy snow & go looking for them, & had to resort to what I had handy. It was a 'grab a handful of this, a couple of that' & a splash of EVOO, & it was good. —Panfusine
Makes ~ 3 cups
- 2 cups Canned chickpeas, drained, rinsed & patted dry.
- 10 pieces sundried tomato rounds soaked in a cup of boiling water
- 1-2 dried Kashmiri Chiles (or 1/2 the quantity of regualr dried chile)
- 1/4 cup Sesame Seeds
- ~ 1/2-3/4 cups lemon flavored EVOO
- Sea Salt to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Toast the sesame seeds along with the chile (broken into small pieces with the seeds discarded) till they begin popping and turn a reddish brown.
- Add the sesame seeds, chile & the softened sundried tomatoes into a food processor jar & puree till the tomatoes turn mushy. Add the tomato infused water while the 3 ingredients are getting pureed.
- Add the chickpeas in batches & pulse till they get broken up, Keeping the machine running drizzle the lemon juice until you get a semi solid mass. Taste and adjust for salt. Now switch the processor back on again & slowly drizzle the EVOO till the mixture turns creamy.