If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've decided that I prefer eggs baked vs. fried. They're so much creamier this way, and you can throw in whatever you have in the fridge. Even better is when they're made with eggs from the backyard - the yolks are so much brighter! —clcatto
tablespoon heavy cream
tablespoons chopped tomatoes (or to taste)
tablespoon chopped onions (green or white)
crumbled goat cheese, to taste
sprinkle of bread crumbs
healthy grate of cheddar or parmesan
salt and pepper, to taste
sprinkle of garlic powder and red pepper flakes
fresh herbs, chopped, if available
- Coat the bottom of In an individual sized shallow baking dish (you can use a larger dish if you're making baked eggs for a crowd) with the heavy cream.
- Crack one or two eggs (for an individual size) into the dish.
- Add the chopped veggies and goat cheese.
- Add herbs and spices.
- Sprinkle the top with bread crumbs and grated cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes or until the cream has just set (less time if you like runnier yolks).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast II
More Great Recipes: