Author Notes: Need something new for Thanksgiving, try this recipe. It can be easily doubled or tripled for a larger bird. —ginnygetsfloury
Cumin Turkey Breast
- 3 tablespoons Butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 turkey breast
- Pre-heat the oven to 325.
- Mix all the ingredients together. Cover the turkey with the butter mixture and make sure to put some under the skin. Stick a meat thermometer in the meat so that it is in the center.
- Roast until the meat thermometer reaches 170 (about 1.5-2 hours).
- Remove from the oven, cover with aluminum foil and let sit for about 20 minutes.
Pomegranate- Thyme Sauce
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup Pomegranate Juice
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate seeds
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 2 packets gelatin
- In a pan, cook the onions until they are soft.
- Add the pomegranate juice and seeds. Bring to a simmer. Sprinkle with thyme.
- Remove from heat and stir in the gelatin packets. It will thicken as it cools. You could also probably add some more sugar and bring to a boil to thicken it. However, I did not want to add any unnecessary sugar.