If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Need something new for Thanksgiving, try this recipe. It can be easily doubled or tripled for a larger bird. —ginnygetsfloury
Cumin Turkey Breast
- 3 tablespoons Butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 turkey breast
- Pre-heat the oven to 325.
- Mix all the ingredients together. Cover the turkey with the butter mixture and make sure to put some under the skin. Stick a meat thermometer in the meat so that it is in the center.
- Roast until the meat thermometer reaches 170 (about 1.5-2 hours).
- Remove from the oven, cover with aluminum foil and let sit for about 20 minutes.
Pomegranate- Thyme Sauce
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup Pomegranate Juice
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate seeds
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 2 packets gelatin
- In a pan, cook the onions until they are soft.
- Add the pomegranate juice and seeds. Bring to a simmer. Sprinkle with thyme.
- Remove from heat and stir in the gelatin packets. It will thicken as it cools. You could also probably add some more sugar and bring to a boil to thicken it. However, I did not want to add any unnecessary sugar.