Author Notes: I created this dish while in Provence recently. We had a limited kitchen, but so many fresh ingredients. I served this lovely dish along side my mussels recipe. I've made it several times since then, and can't say enough for the recipe. Give it a try! —Brussels Sprouts for Breakfast
Serves: 3-4 servings
large can white beans
bunch radishes (cleaned and halved)
peppers (your favorite variety, diced)
cloves garlic (minced)
cup dry white wine
salt and pepper
medium yellow onion
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add onion and let cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the peppers, salt and pepper and cook down until peppers are soft, about 7 minutes. Add the white wine to the pan and toss in the radishes. Cook for only 3 minutes, to take the sharp bite away.
- In a bowl, add the lemon juice, salt and pepper to the white beans. When the pepper and radish combination is done, add to the beans. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve either warm or cold. But please, serve with a bottle or two of your favorite French wine.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Radishes or Turnips