If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The ultimate Iced Coffee!
There are many delicious fruit punch bowls at parties with bubbly, ice cream or both; I like them but often lean towards a beverage that is not so sweet.
Coffee and Irish cream is a popular hot libation, this creamy coffee punch, served cold, tastes similar. Buy the coffee and Irish whiskey of your choice to make this, and then serve it up in copious party-sized quantities; it is oh so good for your coffee-addicted friends!
Makes 11 cups, easily doubles
6 cups fresh brewed strong coffee
1/2 cup sweeten condensed milk
2 tablespoons dark chocolate syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
3 cups half & half
1-1/2 cups Irish whiskey
Chantilly cream (see recipe below)
- Optional – If desired, make and freeze coffee ice cubes or a coffee ring ahead of party time to place on the bottom of your punch bowl.
- While the coffee is still hot, stir in the condensed milk and chocolate syrup.
- Refrigerate, chill thoroughly. This can be done the night before.
- Add the vanilla & almond extracts, half & half and the whiskey, stir to blend.
- Pour into a punch bowl and top with Chantilly cream. Lightly dust with cocoa powder.
- Ladle into cups.
- Keep leftover punch refrigerated, drink cold or add a shot to your hot coffee.
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon Irish whiskey
Powdered sugar – up to 2 tablespoons
- Whip the cream, either by hand or with a hand mixer until soft peaks form. Add whiskey and the powdered sugar - tablespoon at a time, sweeten to your preference. Whip until medium firm peaks form and the cream has almost doubled in volume.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Punch