If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Hearty meal based on home grown eggs, sausage, and flour (unfortunately, I don't make cheese). —Greg Scharer
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 2 pieces Savory Sausage Patties
- 2 pieces Brown Eggs
- 2 pieces Homemade Rye-Wheat Bread (made from home grown flour)
- 1 piece Slice Aged Emmentaler Cheese
- 1 piece Slice Aged Sharp Chedder Cheese
- Cook sausage patties in a skillet until completely cooked. Remove from heat to drain.
- Cook eggs in the sausage grease to taste (drain excess grease ahead of time if sausage is fatty). Remove from heat.
- Melt a pat of butter in the skillet. Add slice of bread over the butter. Add eggs, sausage, cheese, and the top slice of bread. Make sure the heat is medium-low so as not to burn your bread.
- When the bottom slice is browned, flip the sandwich over and brown the other side. Once both sides are golden brown and the cheese is well melted, remove from the skillet and enjoy!
More Great Recipes: