If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is like a boneless buffalo wing only, if you can believe it, more habit-forming. I made it for my family and then
the nightmare began. For about the next 6 weeks every time I asked my husband what he wanted for dinner, he would say, "How about that buffalo chicken recipe?" (I then stopped asking!) After about the fifth (or fiftieth) time, I finally had had enough and answered, " I am not making that fricken' chicken again!" Thus the name. I am giving you a recipe that should feed 3 people, but I am telling you, you should be prepared to double or triple this recipe... And I apologize up front because I know a similar moment is coming for you! —Deborah Dowd
boneless,skinless chicken thighs,cut into 1-2 inch chunks
teaspoon poultry seasoning
cups canola oil for frying
cup hot sauce (I use Texas Pete, but use your favorite
- Pour oil into saucepan or deep fry pan and heat till a bread cube sizzles with bubbles around.
- Mix flour with salt, herbs and spices, and put in a quart size ziploc bag and shake to mix. In batches, shake the chicken pieces in the seasoned flour and set on a plate (I use paper) until they are all done.
- In batches, fry the chicken pieces until golden brown turning in the oil as necessary. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in the microwave and stir in hot sauce.
- Add the drained chicken pieces to the sauce. Set down on the table and get out of the way!!