Author Notes: This recipe is like a boneless buffalo wing only, if you can believe it, more habit-forming. I made it for my family and then
the nightmare began. For about the next 6 weeks every time I asked my husband what he wanted for dinner, he would say, "How about that buffalo chicken recipe?" (I then stopped asking!) After about the fifth (or fiftieth) time, I finally had had enough and answered, " I am not making that fricken' chicken again!" Thus the name. I am giving you a recipe that should feed 3 people, but I am telling you, you should be prepared to double or triple this recipe... And I apologize up front because I know a similar moment is coming for you! —Deborah Dowd
boneless,skinless chicken thighs,cut into 1-2 inch chunks
teaspoon poultry seasoning
cups canola oil for frying
cup hot sauce (I use Texas Pete, but use your favorite
- Pour oil into saucepan or deep fry pan and heat till a bread cube sizzles with bubbles around.
- Mix flour with salt, herbs and spices, and put in a quart size ziploc bag and shake to mix. In batches, shake the chicken pieces in the seasoned flour and set on a plate (I use paper) until they are all done.
- In batches, fry the chicken pieces until golden brown turning in the oil as necessary. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in the microwave and stir in hot sauce.
- Add the drained chicken pieces to the sauce. Set down on the table and get out of the way!!