If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple, yet elegant main dish perfect for a weeknight dinner or to impress dinner guest for a party. —mtlabor
6-8 oz. cuts of beef tenderloin
sweet potatoes, peeled and cut medium dice
salt and pepper, to taste
olive oil, for rubbing and drizzling
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Rub each steak with about a tablespoon of olive oil. Season your steaks with salt and pepper, on both sides.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet. Drizzle with about 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss well and spread into one even layer. Bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Heat a large skillet under medium high heat. Add about a tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and heat until shimmering.
- Add steaks and cook until desired doneness (I think a medium rare is perfect, about 6-8 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of your cut). Let rest on a cutting board for about 5 minutes.
- Warm up Espagnole Sauce, if needed.
- To plate, place a good amount of sweet potatoes on the center of the plate. Top with steak and drizzle Espagnole sauce over top. Serve with a side salad of spinach and some fresh bread.