Author Notes: A simple, yet elegant main dish perfect for a weeknight dinner or to impress dinner guest for a party. —mtlabor
6-8 oz. cuts of beef tenderloin
sweet potatoes, peeled and cut medium dice
salt and pepper, to taste
olive oil, for rubbing and drizzling
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Rub each steak with about a tablespoon of olive oil. Season your steaks with salt and pepper, on both sides.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet. Drizzle with about 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss well and spread into one even layer. Bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Heat a large skillet under medium high heat. Add about a tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and heat until shimmering.
- Add steaks and cook until desired doneness (I think a medium rare is perfect, about 6-8 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of your cut). Let rest on a cutting board for about 5 minutes.
- Warm up Espagnole Sauce, if needed.
- To plate, place a good amount of sweet potatoes on the center of the plate. Top with steak and drizzle Espagnole sauce over top. Serve with a side salad of spinach and some fresh bread.