If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This easy recipe is the best way to celebrate the holidays. It's straightforward, to the point, and hits the perfect balance between sweet and salty. —MadisonMayberry
Makes 8 servings
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- *Preheat oven to 350°F. Line one baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside. *In a small bowl combine the pecans, cinnamon and salt. Toss together to coat. Spread nuts on an ungreased baking pan and toast in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes, until pecans are fragrant and lightly browned. Remove from oven to cool.
- *Meanwhile, combine the butter, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy. Add in the flour and worth together with your hands until evenly incorporated. Mixture will be slightly crumbly. Transfer dough onto prepared baking sheet and press mixture into a disc about 6 to 8 inches in diameter. Spread the toasted nut mixture atop the dough and press lightly with your hands to get the nuts to adhere to the dough.
- *Bake for 15 minutes or until edges are slightly browned and the dough is puffed up. Cool on wire rack. Cut cooled cookie into wedges to serve. Makes 6 to 8 servings
More Great Recipes: