If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sharp cheddar pimento cheese bread with panko breadcrumbs and pan-fried. Served with a pepper jelly vinaigrette and candied pecans. —Chefbaltz
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups sharp shredded yellow or white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic or garlic powder or minced fresh garlic
- 1.2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapenos
- 1/4 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 4 ounces drained pimentos
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup oil, for frying
- 1 cup store bought or homemade candied pecan halves
Pepper Jelly Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup red pepper jelly
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, depending on how tart you like it
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Mix together all the ingredients for the pimento cheese (except for the panko, oil for frying, and pecans) until smooth.
- Form the pimento cheese into 1-2 inch balls or discs and coat with the panko.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the ingredients for the Pepper Jelly Vinaigrette; chill.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and fry the pimento cheese croquettes until brown on all sides (about 2-3 minutes).
- Drain the croquettes on paper towels and serve with the pepper jelly vinaigrette and candied pecans on a platter, individual plates, or on top of mixed greens.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Bite Party Snack