If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Though this recipe contains just a few ingredients the caramalized sugar, the salt and the alcohol in the port all help to amplify the flavor of this sauce. —Sebastian
Makes: 1 1/2 cups
ounces cranberries, rinsed and picked over
cup white port
- Halve the vanilla pod and scrape out the seeds using a teaspoon. Reserve seeds and pod.
- Make a caramel by placing the sugar and water in a medium sauspan and bringing it to a soft boil. To avoid crystalization brush down sides of the pan with a wet pastry brush and don’t stir the mixture. Continue to boil until mixture turns a light golden brown.
- Turn down the heat to low and add cranberries to the mixture, use a wooden spoon to coat the berries with the caramel. And cover for a minute to avoid spattering
- Turn heat to medium and add salt, vanilla seeds, vanilla pod and port. Stir the mixture for about 10 minutes until the texture of jam.
- Transfer sauce to a bowl and let rest for 30 minutes before serving or let cool and refrigerate for up to 3 days.