If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Naan Khatai , is a very famous traditional cookie for Gujaratis. The rich cardamom flavor and the crisp and crunchy texture makes it really a flavorful cookie.And, morever its eggless. —PistachioDoughnut
Makes 20 to 25
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Semolina
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup ghee or 1 stick butter
- 2 teaspoons Crushed Cardamom powder
- pinches Baking Powder
- 2 tablespoons Pistachios sliced
- 2 tablespoons Almond sliced
- 2 teaspoons Rose Water (Optional)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Warm Milk
- 1 cup Whole-Wheat Flour
- 1 tablespoon Chickpea Flour
- Add the both the flour(AP flour+ Whole-wheat) and semolina along with chickpea flour, crushed cardamom powder and baking powder. In another bowl, take the ghee and sugar and beat it with a stand mixer until fluffy. Mix the dry mixture to the ghee or butter mixture . Add the rose water also. Add milk to it one teaspoon at a time and as needed. Knead dough. Keep aside this dough for about half an hour hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet greased with butter. Divide the dough into equal parts and roll them into balls with your palms and place them on the baking sheet. With the help of your palms flatten the balls a little bit , press the almond slices and pistachios slices on each cookie. Bake them at 350 degrees F around 20 minutes or until golden brown in color. Once baked , let them cool. Cookies are ready to serve with coffee or tea.