If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Little bundles are chicken are tied up with kitchen twine and stuffed with a fresh herb and savory goat cheese mixture. The combination of shallots and vidalia onions add a hint of sweetness while a reduced white wine sauce finishes the dish.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/3 cups thinly sliced shallots and vidalia onions (About 4 large shallots and 1/2 vidalia onion)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 pieces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (Cut them in half lengthwise and pound them out to make 4 pieces)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper to pan; cook 12 minutes, stirring frequently. Cover, reduce heat, and cook another 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover and cook 5 minutes or until golden. Cool slightly. Combine onion mixture, 1/4 teaspoon salt, cheese, parsley, milk, and thyme in a small bowl, stirring with a fork.
- Cut chicken breasts in half lengthwise, and pound out until thin. Place a spoonful of goat cheese mixture in the middle of each chicken piece. Roll up and secure with kitchen twine. (I use twine a lot in the kitchen, but it definitely takes some practice!!!) Sprinkle chicken bundles evenly with salt and pepper.
- Return pan to medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan and sauté for 5 minutes. Turn chicken and cover. Reduce heat, and cook 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken from pan and let stand 10 minutes. Add wine to pan; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook until reduced by half (about 2 minutes). Add broth, and cook until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 9 minutes). Serve with chicken. Enjoy!