If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Awesome one bite app that is vegetarian and can easily be made vegan! Temp any meat eater to say something is missing because these pack a ton of flavor. I owe this one to Martha Stewart. I like them with radicchio rather than bib lettuce but the choice is up to you! Also play with the toppings like bell peppers and add lemon zest to the sauce!
These can also be made ahead of time and served either at room temperature or reheated just before plating. It's up to you! —teroforma
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 ounces frozen lima beans
- 1.5 cups canned chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1.5 teaspoons teaspoon salt
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 teaspoon teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 juice from 1/2 lemon
- 3-4 tablespoons tablespoons flour
- peanut oil for frying
- 1 head of radicchio
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 zest of whole lemon
- salt and pepper
- · finely chopped tomato, yellow pepper, cucumber, red onion
- toasted sesame seeds
- 1 Bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the lima beans and return water to a boil. Cook the beans for about 5 minutes and drain. Rinse with cool water to prevent further cooking. Set aside.
- 2 In the bowl of a food processor, process the parley and the cilantro until fine. Add the chickpeas, lima beans, garlic, cumin, turmeric, salt, the red onion, red pepper and the lemon juice. Pulse until the mixture forms a paste and is fairly smooth. Add the flour and pulse to combine. Transfer to a bowl and set aside. This mixture can be made up to 1 day in advance and refrigerated.
- 3 Heat the oil in an electric fryer to 375. Drop 1 tablespoon of the falafel mixture at a time into the oil in batches of 6. Fry until the mixture is golden brown, about 1 minute. Transfer to a paper towel to drain and repeat with remaining mixture. I sprinkled a little coarse salt on them right when they came out.
- 4 Combine tahini, yogurt, lemon zest, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- 5 Serve each fritter in a radicchio cup, garnished with the finely chopped tomato, yellow pepper, cucumber, red onion, tahini / yogurt sauce and sesame seeds.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Bite Party Snack