If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: this is a recipe i created as an alternative to meat and pork sausage —El Bandido
- 1 teaspoon minced red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced jalapneo
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 15 pieces U15 Shrimp
- 1 piece 1 foot long hog casing
- Start by cleaning the shrimp making sure to remove the tail, next add to a food processor and puree to a paste. Remove mixture and place into a mixing bowl and add the rest of the ingredients except the casing. Mix until all ingredients are evenly incorporated. Next place mixture into a piping bag and refrigerate for 2hrs. now clean the hog casing by running ice water threw to remove any impurities. Now cut the tip off the piping bag and slowly run the casing over the opening. Pipe the mixture out slowly making sure to fill in the crevasses, tie off the ends and place sausage in the cooler for 2 hrs. before use.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Charcuterie / The Charcutepalooza Grand Prize Challenge