If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the best reason to have leftover mashed potatoes! For breakfast, just add a fried egg and a side of gravy. —Granny G
Makes 8 cakes
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (you can use jack or cheddar cheese, also)
- 2 scallions or green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Kosher salt to taste
- Place everything but the butter and salt in a medium bowl; stir to combine, set aside.
- Heat half the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat until hot but not browning.
- Make 3 inch cakes with 1 cup of the mixture and place 3-4 cakes in the preheated pan.
- Fry undisturbed until the bottoms are golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes. Gently flip the cakes and cook until golden brown on the second side, about 4 to 5 minutes more
- Transfer to a plate; season with with salt and keep warm.
- Repeat with the remaining potato mixture.
- Serve with sour cream or gravy.