If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Coconut squares are simple sweet with a hint of cardamom and saffron. —PistachioDoughnut
Makes 10 to 15 pieces
- 2 cups Freshly Grated coconut or dry grated coconut
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon coarsely powdered cardamom
- A pinch of Saffron (Optional)
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 2 tablespoons Dry fruits like almonds or pistachios for garnishing
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- Take Ghee in pan , add the milk and coconut. Mix it well. Keep stirring till the mixture thickens. Once the mixture looks thick in consistency add sugar and cardamom. and if using saffron then dissolve saffron in a bowl of 2 to 3 tablespoons of warm milk and add it to this mixture. Keep stirring till the sugar dissolves and the mixture is lumpy for about 15 minutes.
- Transfer this mixture to greased dish. Spread it properly and garnish it with chopped almonds and pistachios. And, once it cools off cut them into bite sized pieces.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut