If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This came to me in a dream the other night so I had to make it. Though I used Gruyere cheese, we ate it like a raclette, all melty and gooey on toasted bread as an appetizer for New Year's Eve. —nannydeb
Serves 6 as an appetizer
tablespoons fresh sage, minced (or more or less to your taste)
tablespoons olive oil
salt & black pepper to taste
pound Gruyere cheese, 1 inch cubes
Barlett pear (or pear of your choice), cored, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread the walnuts onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Toast until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a food processor, combine the toasted walnuts, sage, garlic and olive oil. Blend until smooth adding more olive oil if needed. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Butter a baking dish and add the cheese cubes and pear cubes. Swirl the walnut sage pesto around the cubes.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until melted.
- Serve with some good crusty bread and wine.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Walnuts & Sage