If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For those who love blue cheese dressing, this is one of the best. Quickly made in the blender in about 10 minutes, so don't let the long ingedient list fool you. The complex flavors make it a crowd-pleaser. —AlohaGirl
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonaise
- 3 ounces Amish blue cheese wedge (or use Maytag)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt (you can add more to taste later)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper (or sub all black)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley (or sub dry)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh onion (a key ingredient)
- 1/3 cup half & half (you can sub whole milk)
- Place all ingredients in blender, adding blue cheese and half the liquid last. Crumble about 1/2 small wedge (2-3 oz) of your favorite blue cheese (I use Amish or Maytag blue only) on top and pour about half the liquid in, just to be blendable. Pulse, then mix until completely blended, adding slightly more half and half gradually just to a desired consistency for dressing, which should be slightly thick. It will thicken up a little more as it chills. Adjust seasonings to taste at this point also. Pour in bowl and stir in some additional small crumbles of blue cheese to give texture and pop- about 1 oz, more. Chill in bowl to blend flavors for several hours minimum and even better overnight.
- This is terrific over a Cobb Salad as a principal meal. For a side, use this to make the classic "Iceberg Wedge" salad topped with crumbled bacon and minced tomato to go with a steak dinner. If you are grilling, char some romaine heads, halved and brushed with olive oil, then drizzle this over to serve an impressive company side dish! Leftover stores well for about 3-4 days.