Author Notes: This tangy-tart little bite is the skinny cousin to big-fat cheesecake. But you'd never know it! —HeartBellyAndSoul
Makes: 10 shooters
pieces Graham Crackers (3 sheets = 12 crackers)
cup Raw Almonds
packets Stevia sugar substitute
ounces Canned Pineapple Chunks (in pineapple juice)
cup Light Cream Cheese
teaspoon Vanilla Extract
cup Greek Yogurt (such as Fage 0%)
cup Whipped Topping
tablespoon Corn Starch
In This Recipe
- Pulse the graham crackers and almonds and 1 package of Stevia in a food processor until finely ground.
- Pour the crumbs into a small bowl and add 2 tsp of the juice from the pineapple. Mix together until moist and crumbly.
- Press the crumbs lightly into the bottoms of the serving dishes. (I used 10 votive candle holders!)
- In a separate bowl, whisk the Cream Cheese together with the juice of 1/2 lemon (about a tablespoon) and 1 tsp. Vanilla until blended.
- Add the Yogurt and Whipped Topping to the Cream Cheese, along with 1 packet of Stevia, and stir until blended.
- Spoon the yogurt/cream cheese mixture into the serving dishes.
- In a small pan on medium-low heat, add 2 Tablespoons of the pineapple juice, the zest of one of the lemons and the juice of 2 1/2 lemons. Add 2 packets of Stevia, and bring to a low simmer for about a minute.
- Run the pineapple chunks through the food processor to make a puree. Add the pineapple to the simmering juices.
- In a measuring cup or small bowl, mix together the 2 TBLS Water and 1 TBL Cornstarch. Add this slowly to the simmering juices, and stir for about a minute while it thickens.
- Cool off the pineapple/lemon mixture before spooning over the top of the cheesecakes, then refrigerate for a half hour or more before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe