Author Notes: Believed to be popular with boy scouts, it is simply cake in an orange (peels)!
I am not the first in the world to think of this idea as I believed. See: http://www.recipesource.com/misc/camping/00/rec0024.html —lovetucook
orange peel (thick-skinned)
slices of orange
cup store bought cake mix
tablespoon cream cheese (optional)
- Halve the orange. Scoop out the inners.
- Mix 2 slices of orange and cream cheese to the prepared cake mix (of any desired flavor, preferably chocolate/vanilla/lemon) inside a bowl.
- Pre-heat oven to temperature 50 degrees lower than instructed by store bought cake mix box requires.
- After 20 minutes of baking, remove from oven.
- Eat cake out of an orange!