If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Since there is no flour in this cake, it doesn't rise and is a very rich and dense cake with beautiful chocolate flavor. Pair it with a nice vanilla sauce with some candied almonds or just the cake with coffee...yumm! For more recipes visit www.cookandclick.com —Pallavi Gupta
Serves 8 slices
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar + 2 tbs more
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coffee (instant coffee mixed in water)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven at 350F.
- Melt chocolate and butter together in a double boiler or a microwave till its all combined and smooth, bring to room temperature.
- In a big bowl mix cocoa powder and sugar together with a whisk.
- Add the eggs one by one and mix it completely till it forms into a batter like consistency.
- Mix in the room temperature chocolate and butter and mix till its combined nicely.
- Mix in the coffee and vanilla extract.
- Pour this batter in a 9" round buttered cake pan, lined with butter paper at the bottom and bake for 30 to 40 min or till the skewer comes out clean from the center. Let cool, unmold and cut into slices. Serve with cappuccino or vanilla sauce.