If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I tend to keep most of these ingredients on hand, so this has become a fast and delicious one-pot meal. There's a bit of smokiness from the chipotle, some sweetness from the raisins, and a touch of sour from the lemons and capers. —mdm
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chipotle in adobo -- I blend a can and then freeze in ice cube trays. Use one small cube.
- 3-4 tilapia filets (more or less, depends on how big)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- tablespoons parsley, chopped finely
- salt and pepper to taste
- Penne or macaroni
- Parmesan to taste
- Heat olive oil over medium heat (I use a cast iron pan). Add the garlic and chipotle, cook for 1 minute.
- Salt and pepper the fish, and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice. Add to pan and cook 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Add chickpeas, raisins, and capers. Cook for a 5 minutes more. Add the rest of the lemon juice.
- Cook pasta al dente, then toss with olive oil and parmesan to taste.
- Serve the fish over the pasta. Add chopped parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal