If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I got hooked on this at the infamous Rum bar, Smuggler's Cove in San Francisco. The passion fruit syrup adds such an exotic tropical perfume, and the loads of fresh lime juice leave it refreshingly tart in the age of syrupy sweet cocktails. —wineaplenty
Makes: 2 cocktails
ounces White Rum (Bacari or something with more personality)
ounce Dark Rum (Myers or, again, something with more personality)
ounces Fresh Lime Juice
ounces Fresh Orange Juice
ounce Torani Passion Fruit Syrup
splash Soda Water to Taste
cups Crushed Ice
Orange Zest Garnish
- Measure and pour rums, juices and syrup in a shaker over ice and shake until chilled.
- Fill a large glass with lots of crushed ice and garnish with an a long and wide strip of orange zest known as a horse's neck. The zest should wind around your glass like a snake- the longer the better!
- Strain ingredients from the shaker into the glass over the crushed ice.
- Top with soda water to your taste- anywhere from a splash to a few ounces per glass is appropriate.
- Enjoy- you may need a straw as the crushed ice can be tricky to navigate!
More Great Recipes: