If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This chili is so hearty you'll never miss the meat. I've had many vegetarian friends ask me if actually does have meat in it and meat lover's will never tell the difference. It's also the fastest one pot dish ever. —sugarbiscuitbakers
Makes 1 large pot
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped onion
- pinches salt
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 chopped red bell pepper
- 1 large can black beans
- 1 large can kidney beans
- 1 small can pinto beans
- 1/2 cup chili powder
- 1 small package soy protein crumbles
- 1 small can corn
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo
- 1 small can vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- In a large, heavy pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions, garlic and salt. Sweat until onions are just translucent. Add both types of peppers. Stirring occasionally.
- Once peppers have begun to soften, add all three types of beans. Sprinkle the chili powder and stir.
- Add in the protein crumbles, corn, tomatoes and chipotle continually stirring.
- Add in the vegetable stock and bring to a simmer. Let simmer for ten minutes and let sit for 1 hour or up to 5 hours.
- Just before serving add in the agave nectar. Have each person garnish with cheese, onions and cilantro.