Author Notes: A simple yet delicious way to spice up any meal. A healthy dessert with a little sexy kick! —HealthyVoyager
- 6 ounces vegan chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegan heavy cream (1 block of silken tofu (12-ounces) and 1/2 cup of plain soy milk. Blend in blender until thick and creamy and there are no more lumps)
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pure chili powder, such as ancho
- 10 large strawberries with long stems
- In a heat-proof mixing bowl, add the chocolate, cream, and butter.
- Place over a smaller pot of simmering water. Be sure the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Stir until chocolate is melted.
- Stir in the chili powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Hold each strawberry by the long stem and dip into the chocolate allowing the excess to drizzle back into the pan.
- Place chocolate covered strawberries on a parchment or waxed paper lined sheet tray.
- Once chocolate is cool, chill until fully set, about 30 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate & Spice