If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've been playing with truffle variations using the Tartine recipes as the base. This is one of my favorites. The caramel cuts through the chocolate for a salt and fennel pollen kick at the end. —ginnygetsfloury
Fennel Pollen Salted Caramel
cup heavy cream
teaspoon fennel pollen
- In a sauce pan, heat the sugar over medium until it begins to caramelize stirring occasionally.
- When the sugar becomes caramel colored and is all dissolved, slowly pour in the cream. Be careful because it will boil and sometimes splatter. Continue stirring until it has been fully incorporated. If the caramel seizes up a little, continue to stir over the heat until it is liquid again.
- Remove from heat and stir in the butter, salt and fennel pollen.
Salted Caramel Chocolate Truffles
pound dark chocolate chocolate, chopped
cup heavy cream
tablespoons olive oil
Fennel Pollen Salted Caramel, cooled to pourable
- Heat the heavy cream in a sauce pan until it begins to bubble.
- Pour over the chocolate and stir until melted.
- Mix in the olive oil.
- Stir in the salted caramel.
- Set in the fridge for at least an hour to become solid.
- With a spoon or melonballer, spoon out about a tablespoon of the ganche and roll it into a ball. Roll in the cocoa powder.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate & Spice