Author Notes: It is a Creme Brulee recipe which has white chocolate in it with the chai-spices in it. The chai mix could be store bought or you can grind your own chai mix also.
basic ingredients of chai mix are I have used are cinnamon, cardamom, black pepper, ginger, cloves, nutmeg and star-anise. —PistachioDoughnut
Serves: 2 to 4 depending on the ramekin size
cups Heavy Creme
ounces White Chocolate chips
cup Sugar + 2 Tbsp
- Take cream in a medium sauce pan and scald it over medium heat, add the chai spices in the milk and white chocolate chips and continuously whisk it till the chocolate melts.
- Separate the eggs. Keep the egg yolks in a separate bowl, add sugar to this egg yolks and whisk it well.
- Take the hot cream mixture and gradually pour it into the egg mixture for tempering the eggs.
- Once everything is mixed well. Fill up custard cups or ramekins with this mixture. Place them in a baking deep tray filled with hot water. Do not let the water by mistake also fall into custard mixture.
- Keep it in the oven at 350 F and cook it for about 20 minutes. Once done, completely cool it and sprinkle a spoonful of sugar on top of the custard and place it under broiler for about 1 to 2 minutes just till the sugar caramelizes.
- Serve it immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate & Spice