If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
A cookie like pastry dough filled with dark chocolate mousse with crushed pink peppercorns, baked for a few minutes. The result is like a molten chocolate cake on a cookie type dough. I mixed some ground hazelnuts in the dough because I think it’s a very good combination with chocolate. I chose Pink Peppercorns to mix with chocolate because they are both fruity and spicy.
A cookie like pastry dough filled with dark chocolate mousse with crushed pink peppercorns, baked for a few minutes. The result is like a molten chocolate cake on a cookie type dough. I mixed some ground hazelnuts in the dough because I think it’s a very good combination with chocolate. I chose Pink Peppercorns to mix with chocolate because they are both fruity and spicy.—Maria Teresa Jorge
Makes: 9 inch tart
Sweet Hazelnut crust
cup ground blanched hazelnuts
ounces cold butter cut in small pieces
egg, lightly beaten
- 1- Pulse the flour, sugar, salt and ground hazelnuts in a food processor. Add the butter in cubes and pulse 5 or 6 times. Lightly beat the egg and add to the mixture just until it comes together.
- 2- Put mixture on a board, pat together to form a disk and wrap in cling film. Allow to rest ½ hour in fridge.
- 3- Divide dough in large pieces and put in a 9 inch tart shell with removable bottom. Pat with the heel of your hand and fingers and press on the bottom and up the sides. Pastry should be on the thick side because you want to make it rather like a biscuit with chocolate topping. If you prefer roll out the dough and put in the tart pan.
- 4- Prick the dough and put in freezer fo1/2 hour.
- 5- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F
- 6- Bake tart shell until dough is starting to colour.
Pink Peppercorn Chocolate Mousse
ounces 60% to 70% bittersweet chocolate chopped in pieces
ounces butter, cut in pieces
eggs - large
cup super fine sugar
teaspoon crushed pink peppercorns
whole pink peppercorns
- This mousse procedure uses a different method from the usual. Melt chocolate with crushed pink peppercorns in microwave. Half way through add the butter and mix well and microwave just until soft. With spatula mix until totally melted. Allow to cool (at same time chocolate will be infusing with peppercorns).
- Beat sugar and whole eggs with a whisk until frothy and pale ( about 8 to 10 minutes).
- Add the cooled melted chocolate and butter and whisk again until mixture becomes all brown - about 3 minutes. It will become a very thick and dense mixture and instead of dark brown it will be a lighter colour due to the air incorporated. When cooked it will turn dark brown again.
- Fill the cooled tart shell with the mixture all the way up to the top, sprinkle the whole peppercorns on top and bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 F for 8 to 12 minutes – the filling should be set on the sides but jiggle in the centre. The time of cooking depends on your oven and if you use forced fan or regular heat. If making individual small tartelettes (I made a few as well, it will only take 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate & Spice