Author Notes: I got the inspiration for this recipe from Betty Crocker's Cookbook. I chose not to add the cloves, but the cinnamon and nutmeg give the pecans a great flavor. The addition of semi sweet chocolate makes it so good! I love to make these, but them in little bags or pint glass jars and give them as gifts. Everyone loves to receive these! —chrissyb
Makes: 1 1/4 cups
tablespoon egg white
cups pecan halves
cup granulated sugar
teaspoons ground cinnamon
teaspoon ground nutmeg
cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 300º
- Mix egg white and pecan halves in a bowl until the pecans are evenly coated.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of chocolate chips on top of the pecans.
- Spread pecans on top of an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate & Spice