If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I'm currently living in Lima Peru for some field work - and I dream about the fruit here....literally....I try to eat as much mango as possible and chocolate (well that goes without saying). Here is something that food52 friends may also enjoy. ... Its summer over here so maybe this a teaser for the fruit to come your way!
large mangoes ripe (but not overly)
bars of dark chocolate (long flat kind with 8-10 squares)
tablespoon ginger powder
teaspoon sea salt (either pink salt or sea salt) for sprinkling
- Using a paring knife, peel the skin from the mangoes. Cut long pieces from the mango by scoring down the length of the mango then cutting away the mango by running your knife along the center pit. You want to have long pieces about 1/2 inch wide.
- Skewer the mango slices.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a pan - over low heat ( ideally you could use a double boiler), but even on a pan watching it would be okay. Use a smaller pan so that you can tip it to pool the chocolate for dipping later
- Stir in ginger and cinnamon once the chocolate is almost liquid, stirring gently
- Dip the mango skewers in the liquid spiced chocolate
- Sprinkle the skewers lightly with salt of choice
- Let set in the fridge until chocolate has hardened.