If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: i am a new cooker and so i am not sure this is a real cassoulet, but i was looking at cassoulet recipes for inspriation when i put this together...so i thought it fitting.
any suggestions, comments and opinions, both good and bad excepted. —catskill weather
- 6-8 slices of bacon chopped
- 1 pound sausage, either hot or mild, sliced in rounds
- 4 cups shredded precooked turkey or chicken
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 2 roasted pablano peppers, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped
- 4 -6 potatoes sliced or chopped
- 8 cherry toamatoes chopped
- 2 apples sliced and seeded
- 1 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- 1 crushed thyme
- 16 ounces canned beans, drained
- 1 cajun essence to flavor
- 1/2 cup wine or cider, divided
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs mixed with parmeson
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- in a dutch oven cook bacon, then sausage and set aside...at the same time roast pablano peppers untill skin turns dark, put in a paper bag 5-10 minutes untill skins can be peeled off
- simmer garlic, jalepeno, onions,celery and carrots in bacon fat 3-5 minutes, than add chopped pablano peppers and simmer another 2-3 minutes, sprinkle with cajun essence
- add beans,potatoes, tomatoes and apples, 1/2 cider or wine, rosemary, thyme and simmer for 10-15 minutes,untill potatoes soften
- remove 3/4 of ingrediants from pot and lay a layer of of the sausage, bacon and turkey in pot then cover with ingrediants, repeat untill everything is back in the pot
- pour 1/2 cup cider or wine on top
- sprinkle breadcrumb and parmesion cheese on top and drizzle with olive oil
- bake at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour, or untill top browns up nicely
More Great Recipes: