If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Going to prepare another bowl of healthy frozen banana ice cream, I thought to make a change and put it over a crust this time. Some time ago I was searching for a healthy crust recipe and I found something similar to this one. So I got to try it now. The only drawback is that when the pie is just from the freezer it get's difficult to cut, so I had to wait a little until it was possible (used bread knife for that). But in the end, any crushed cookie crust would also do:)
This recipe does not call for any sugar, the only sweetener is light pudding. I do like it's banana-peanut taste, sweet and salty, and my daughter appreciated it served with chocolate sauce on top:)
- 1/4 cup light margarine
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- drops vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 egg white
- 5 not too large bananas
- 1 x25g light vanilla pudding
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- In a blender combine wet ingredients for the crust, blend and add dry ingredients. Blend to create a dough.
- Press the dough into (square) baking form, lined with baking paper. Bake at 175C for 20 minutes. Take the crust out of the form, line the same baking form with cling film and return the crust.
- Cook on low heat, constantly whisking pudding until thickened, let it cool. Mix peanut butter into pudding
- Place banana pieces into blender and pulse. Add pudding with peanut butter and pulse again. Pour the filling onto crust and freeze for 2-3 hours more (in my case overnight).