Author Notes: This was a joint effort with some of my members of my on line recipe club, Just A Pinch. We were discussing tuna casserole and several members made a few suggestions that I added to my current recipe.
The results was just the cheesiest, creamiest, tuna ever.
We went for home style comfort food and we named it heart attack on a plate, or OTT...Over The Top Tuna Cheesy Casserole. —jane mcmillan
Serves six or 4 really hungry people
- 1 small onion,
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 5 ounce cans tuna, drained
- 10 3/4 ounces can cream mushroom soup
- 1 cup Velveeta, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper, or to taste
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- Chop the onion and celery fine and put ina large bowl.
- Add the tuna, soups, Velveeta, salt and pepper and cooked noodles, stir to combine.
- Melt butter , stir in bread crumbs, and scatter over the top of the casserole.
- Bake in a pre heated 350° for 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
More Great Recipes: Entrees