If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As a new mom with little time to grocery shop, I rely heavily on my pantry for quick weeknight meals. Inspired by a simple linguine with red clam sauce from the November 2000 issue of Bon Appetit, I came up with a Spaghetti Puttanesca using up ingredients I already had on hand. Canned clams add a burst of protein without breaking my budget. —whitneygerhard
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (or more if you prefer spicey)
- 14 ounces can diced tomatoes
- 6.5 ounces can chopped clams, drained
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 handful Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound spaghetti, cooked al dente
- Heat olive oil in large frying pan over medium-heat. Saute onion until slightly translucent, about 5 minutes. Add anchovy paste, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in canned tomatoes with juices, balsamic vinegar, and tomato paste. Bring sauce to a boil then simmer until slightly thickened, 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in clams, capers, and parsley. Cook for 3-5 minutes more before adding in cooked spaghetti. Coat spaghetti in sauce. Garnish with more parsley if desired and serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
More Great Recipes: Entrees