Author Notes: This is a delicious simple meal that is good any day, but is especially wonderful when you are tired and hungry and the pantry is bare! —WeLike2Cook
pound pasta (shape of your choice!)
4-oz. can anchovy filets, chopped
large garlic cloves, sliced
tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more to taste)
Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- Cook pasta in salted water following package instructions.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan on a medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant and just starting to turn brown.
- Remove garlic pieces from oil and add chopped anchovies and with a wooden spoon, mash them until they are dissolved into the oil, then add the crushed red pepper reduce the heat and cook for another two minutes.
- Drain pasta and dress it with the anchovy sauce. Serve with a light drizzle of olive oil and the grated Parmesan or Romano cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Canned Fish Recipe