If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Our teenage sons have been helping out in the kitchen more and more. Our oldest, Nic loves Caesar salad and has taken on the task of making the dressing whenever we have a salad with dinner. We notice the guys are more likely to eat dishes that they have made! —WeLike2Cook
- 1 large egg, blanced
- 4-5 anchovy filets
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin oilve oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-3 dashes Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- Place egg, Worcestershire sauce, anchovies, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, mustard, and Tabasco sauce in a food processor and pulse. Slowly add in olive oil.
- The dressing will start to emulsify. Adjust flavor to individual preference. You can add a little more lemon juice (or red wine vinegar) to thin.
- Add dressing to romaine lettuce that has been shredded into bite-sized pieces and coat well. This is best done by hand. Add some grated cheese and croutons while mixing. Top with more grated cheese, croutons (and any remaining anchovy filets) before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Canned Fish Recipe