If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Rich chocolate cake filled with white chocolate mousse and covered with a milk chocolate ganache. This is creamy chocolate goodness. You can use your favorite chocolate cake recipe, I used my simply chocolate cake recipe http://www.food52.com/recipes/13355_simply_chocolate_cake —sdebrango
Makes a 9 inch round layer cake
White chocolate Mousse
- 2 teaspoons powdered gelatin
- 6 ounces white chocolate chopped
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- Dissolve gelatin in 2 tbs of cold water. Set aside for 5 minutes. Place chocolate in food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Prepare an ice bath. Place 1/2 cup heavy cream in small saucepan, bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add the gelatin and stir to dissolve. Pour into food processor with chocolate while the motor is running, process until smooth. Place in ice bath until mixture is thick and falls from a spoon in ribbons. Whip remaining heavy cream and gently fold into cooled chocolate mixture. Place in airtight container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 8 ounces good quality milk chocolate (I used Valhrona)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Chop chocolate into very small pieces and place in medium size mixing bowl, bring cream to a boil and pour over chocolate. Let sit for 3 minutes, stir until smooth and shiny. Cover and refrigerate until it's spreadable (approximately 1 1/2-2 hours)
- Place one cake layer on serving plate, spoon the mousse on and spread, you may not need to use all of the mousse it will be very thick I used about half, place other layer on top, pour and spread the ganache on the cake. Refrigerate if not serving immediately. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving if it was refrigerated.