A pie with a kick
A pie with a kick—The young chef
cups Graham cracker crumbs
tablespoons Melted unsalted butter
cups Fresh lemon juice
ounces Sweetened condensed milk
cups Chilled heavy cream
teaspoon Vanilla extract
In This Recipe
- Heat oven to 400°
- Process crumbs, sugar, and butter in a food processor until evenly combined.
- Transfer to a 9? deep-dish pie dish, and press into bottom and up sides to create a thick crust; set aside.
- Combine juice, milk, and egg yolks in a bowl; beat on medium-high speed of a hand mixer for 5 minutes.
- Pour into prepared crust; bake until crust is browned and filling is only slightly set, about 20 minutes.
- Place wafers around edge of pie, pushing them gently into filling; let cool. Freeze until set, at least 2 hours, or up to overnight.
- Whisk cream and vanilla in a bowl until stiff peaks form; spread evenly over pie and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- From the Saveur.com website