- Serves 4
Easy and delicious breakfast —codewordcookie
- Sweet Potato Hash
Breakfast Style Sausage (not in casing, or remove casing)
Pork Lard (or other fat of choice)
Smoked Spanish Paprika
Sweet Potatoes (2 if smaller, 1 big one works, too)
Manchego Cheese (grated)
- Eggs over Easy
Fat of Choice (for cooking)
In This Recipe
- Add the pork lard or other fat of choice to a saucepan on medium high heat
- Start to brown your sausage
- Mix the dry spice ingredients plus your almond flour, and include your salt and pepper. Add to the sausage. Note: I cook with almond flour because I am gluten free. But, honestly, I add it because it holds the mixture together and adds a bit of a nutty taste.
- Once sausage has started to brown, add your sweet potatoes. I like to use my mandolin on the Julianne setting, but you can chop these into small cubes if you prefer.
- Add the chives and then the cheese. Keep stirring the mixture.
- While the hash cooking, fry your eggs. I like them over easy, although sunny side up works, as well. Your hash is done when the sausage is cooked through and the sweet potatoes are nice and soft.
- Serve the hash with an egg on top! Voila, fancy breakfast!