If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is adapted from the Maple Curls recipe from my mom's edition of the Joy of Cooking (it's not in the new one, though I can't possibly fathom why). They are super easy and I make them all the time, and they are also the cookies I made for Amanda when I first met her! —lauren
Makes about 15 cookies
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring the maple syrup, butter, and vanilla to a hard boil for 30 seconds.
- Remove from the heat, and whisk in the flour and salt until the mixture is smooth and there are no lumps whatsoever.
- Place one tablespoon of batter on a silpat-lined cookie sheet (batter will be slightly runny). Repeat with the remaining batter, making sure to leave about 2-3 inches between cookies. Bake for about 12-13 minutes, or until cookies take on a lace-like appearance. Let cool completely on the silpat.