If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: California Is such a beautiful place to live. I live on the Central Coast, about 3 hours south of SF and 3 hours north of LA. We have great access to lots of wonderful and fresh seafood. I work for a company called Central Coast Seafood, which helps support restaurants along the coast of Califonia. I am constantly trying new recipes and this one came to mind, simple, quick and delicious. —SeafoodBatlle
- 1 pound California Halibut fillet
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil or Butter
- 2 cups Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 piece Vine Ripe Tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup Sweet Yellow Onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Cilanto, Chopped
- 1 piece ripened Avocado, cubed
- 1 piece Meyer Lemon, sliced
- 1 packet Corn Tortillas
- 1 splash La Crema (mexican cream)
- 1 pinch Paprika, Salt & Pepper to taste
- Thinly slice Cabbage, rinse with water and lighly salt with sea salt (I use pink Himalayan sea salt). Dice tomatoe and cube avocado. Slice Meyer Lemon. Combine diced onion and chopped cilantro in a small bowl and mix together.
- Season California Halibut Fillet with Salt, Pepper and Paprika. Either grill it or broil it with 3 tbs of olive oil (or butter) for 3-4 minutes a side, careful not to overcook it. Using a fork, separate the fillet into smaller bite-size pieces. Prepare each taco: Lightly brush olive oil on a corn tortilla and toast it on a grill pan. Place a few pieces of the halibut on top of the tortilla and top it off with a bit of cabbage, a spoonful of tomato mixture, a couple cubes of avocado, a drizzle of Le Crema and a squeeze of lemon juice. You can even add your favorite hot sauce to give it a kick!