- Makes 15 large muffins or 30 mini ones
I was looking for something quick, healthy and sweet, and these did the trick. I read four of five recipes to get a sense of ratios and flavour combinations, and this is what I ended up with... —lizzieshupak
What You'll Need
Wholemeal flour (I'm sure you could do half wholemeal, half white, or even use some spelt flour)
Brown cane sugar
Cinnamon (I actually used a dessert-spoon so that the flavour would be more subtle)
1 1/4 teaspoons
Lightly beaten egg
Runny low-fat vanilla yoghurt
Blueberries or apples or cherries or dried apricots or nuts (basically have fun and put in what you like)
- Preheat oven to 425 (F) / 220 (C).
- Grease muffin pan.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Beat wet ingredients together in another bowl.
- Fold dry ingredients into the wet, along with the fruit/nuts of your choice.
- DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Spoon mixture into muffin pan.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until golden brown and muffins are coming away from the tin at the sides.
- Let cool in the pan for a couple of minutes and then transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container or in freeze and use when you're ready.