If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Maple walnut cookies were a staple of my Vermont college cafeteria. Those devilish cookies stole my slender figure! I paired the cookies, which are brown and buttery with a cool ginger ice cream and piled them into luscious ice cream sandwiches. The great thing about homemade ice cream sandwiches is that the ice cream is very soft when coming out of the ice cream maker which makes it very easy to stuff the sandwiches. —OB Cookie
Makes about a dozen sandwhiches
Maple Walnut Cookies
- 2 sticks softened unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnut
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Ginger Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 scant cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- With electric mixer, beat sugar, butter and syrup until fluffy
- In separate bowl, combine flour, soda and salt.
- Add egg to butter mixture, stir to combine, and slowly beat in flour mixture.
- Add walnuts, drop tablespoon sized cookies onto ungreased baking sheet and bake 8-10 minutes or until set and golden brown.
- Allow to cool on sheet and transfer to cooling rack.
- For the ice cream combine sugar, milk, vanilla and ginger and whisk until sugar dissolved
- Stir in cream
- Add mixture to ice cream maker and follow directions
- To assemble cookies add soft ice cream (if it is too melt-y then freeze for one to two hours before applying), freeze on cookie sheet until ice cream is firm and wrap individually in foil.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Maple Recipe