If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had never seen a version of this recipe until recently when I looked it up on line. I have made it a lot but all based on the memory of how Jacque Pepin made it on his show. So this recipe is based on his recipe.
This is a great dish for entertaining. It is really quick to make and I have made it ahead of time leaving everything separate and tossing it together just before I put it into individual gratins and pop them into the oven.
You will notice a pound of shrimp serves four people. That might not seem like a lot, a quarter pound of shrimp per person, but you will be adding mushrooms, breadcrumbs and parmesan which will bulk it up. Not only that but you will want to serve a side vegetable and a salad too, which will equal plenty to eat. If you are worried and have big eaters make the shrimp portions six ounces.
pound raw shrimp, size 26-30 is great, peeled and deveined
garlic cloves, minced
cup white or cremini mushrooms, wiped of dirt and julienned
green onions, chopped
cups bread crumbs
cup parmesan cheese, grated
tablespoons unsalted butter
cup dry white wine
kosher salt and fresh ground white pepper
- Preheat you oven to 400?F.
- Place bread crumbs and the parmesan into a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of melted butter and season the mix with salt and pepper. Mix everything really well to distribute the butter this will help a great deal in getting the top to brown evenly.
- Put the shrimp into another mixing bowl and add green onions, mushrooms and garlic. Toss to combine, season with salt and pepper then combine this mixture with half the breadcrumbs. Sprinkle with the white wine and toss again.
- Fan the shrimp out in individual gratins or one large gratin or casserole. Top with the remaining breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 13 to 20 minutes or until the top is brown and the shrimp are cooked through. If you have over lapped the shrimp a great deal it might take longer to cook and you may need to back the oven down to 375?F so the topping doesn’t brown to quickly. Serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!