If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If I like something that my husband cooks it is this Egg Bhurji. Back in India I was only used to eating eggs outside my house. You need to know how I started eating eggs. I have a story behind it. My husband really prepares this dish very well. Every weekend breakfast is prepared by my husband. Although, I have to assist him lot of times or else kitchen would be all messed up. Often times, we make it for dinner also as it is quick and it fills your stomach. —PistachioDoughnut
Serves 2 to 3
- 4 eggs
- 2 Small green chillies chopped
- 2 Cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 Small onion chopped
- 1 Small Tomato chopped
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1.5 teaspoons Red Chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons Cumin-coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Take oil in a pan on medium heat and green chillies and garlic to it and saute for two seconds or so and add the onions.
- Once the onions turn translucent add the tomatoes and cook it well.
- As soon as the tomatoes are done , it should take 2 minutes to cook down this mixture add the spices. And, mix well.
- And, immediately add all the eggs in to it. Let the eggs cook for a minute or so and just when they look they holding up then scramble them thoroughly.
- And, then with the help of a potato masher start mashing up the eggs so that they will get crumbly.
- As soon as they look cooked and well mixed up . Remove and serve them with some toast and ketchup on side . See I told you we also like ketchup the way chef Nico likes. This bhurji makes lovely sandwiches from leftover.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Favorite Way to Eat Eggs for Dinner
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe