If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Yesterday, after I posted my recipe for Ricotta-Feta Gnocchi and still had about 20 left uncooked I thought what else would be tasty melted over the Gnocchi. Here is what I came up with. This is a very useful and versatile recipe. It can be spread on toasts, melted over pancakes, tossed with ravioli, gnocchi and other pasta dishes. You can also use this spread for topping chicken or turkey burgers and if you omit the cheese it wood be delicious as a glaze for roasted fruits, squash and vegetables. Spread it on chicken, duck or turkey, before baking and add it to gravy. Use deferent spices or fresh herbs and lemon or lime instead of orange, let your imagination flay. —Kukla
Makes 1 log (3 1/2-inches in length and 1 1/2-inches) in diameter
• 3-4 tablespoons pure maple syrup (preferably grade B)
• 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick unsalted butter), room temperature
• 3 tablespoons finely grated Aged Extra Sharp White Cheddar cheese
• Zest of 1large orange
• 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Using electric mixer, beat butter, cinnamon and cardamom in medium bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in maple syrup until well blended and smooth. Stir in cheese, place the mixture on a piece of plastic wrap, form a log and refrigerate. Can be made 1 week ahead.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Maple Recipe