Author Notes: I'm a lover of macaroons...I came across the raw macaroon, Hail Merry, at a store and instead of paying the money for the few that I was able to get in a package, I improvised and came up with my own recipe. They have continually been a huge crowd pleaser, and with the use of Maple Syrup and other healthy ingredients...they make a great treat for all occassions, and kids love them too! —Julia Reid
Makes: 2 dozen
cup organic almond flour
cup organic shredded unsweetened coconut
tablespoons Grade B Maple Syrup
teaspoon organic almond flavoring
teaspoon organic vanilla flavoring
dash kosher salt
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir together with a spoon until well blended.
- I take as much mixture that will fill a plastic scoop (approximately 1 firmly packed tablespoon), and once pressed firmly in the scoop, I gently tap it out onto my hand and place on a plate. It will hold the form of whatever you've pressed it into. Continue with this step until all of mixture has been formed into delectable bite-size macaroons!
- Refrigerate in an airtight container once made, to preserve freshness...enjoy! A note to strict raw foodies...maple syrup is not raw...but it is the most delicious and I can't suggest any more delectable way to make these.
- If variations are desired...you can dip in chocolate, add cinnamon, macadamia nuts, strawberries, or cherries, as I found out in Rawmazing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Maple Recipe